Thursday, April 14, 2011

Whats on Barts Ipod?

A whole bunch of new releases out at the moment from Arctic monkeys and Friendly fires to Justice and Foo fighters.
But very little has actually tickled my fancy. I don't know if the days are gone where a song will just jump out and grab me by the balls like they used to, or if there's just a little bit of a lull at the moment, or if i've just not got an ear for good music. Either way, there are a couple that i am enjoying, that you might also enjoy, or fervently hate. I recommend going online and checking out TV on the Radio-Nine Types of Light, it's a film they've made with all the tunes off their new record, it's something pretty special.

They may be simple indie tunes, but hey that's what i like.
In particular order, here's a few songs i've had on repeat lately.

Metronomy- The Look
The Streets- OMG
TV on the Radio-Caffeinated Consciousness
City and Colour- Oh Sister
The Vaccines- If you wanna
Loon Lake- In the Summer
The Postal Service- Such Great Heights
Two Door Cinema Club- Get Your Hands Off My Cash Monty
Dardanelles- One + One
Lou Reed- I'm So Free
 also check out my video clip of the week from the crazy sweeds that are Peter, Bjorn and John.
Regards,
Barts.


Now for your imaginative convenience...













After those visual aids.....

One band I haven't gotten over in the past two and a half years is London's Bombay Bicycle Club. Do yourself a flavour flave, pop their song Lamplight on your I-podge, wheel that shit to 2:20, and hear musical cleverness climb into your eardrums and hearts forever.

Buns fucking Wilson

No comments:

Post a Comment