Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Codswallop



Come at me, Bra......

(I'm so effing sorry about that)

We are jumping with joy (see gif animation above) to be hitting the frog and toad - for our Tightrope tour. The Geggs kick off this weekend at Rocket bar, with Melbournians The Messengers, who have been lassooing impressive reviews and inaugural Triple J airplay of late. They are also snappy dressers, but come to Rocket on Saturday night - and you decide? > This is the funniest thing I have ever read.......Click here.


That's how weak my attention span is.... That link is totally unrelated - and because I did a Simon Sheikh sort of tangent interludy thingy - I had to include the link. Because in actuality I had no idea what I was going to write then. But I think people appreciate the transparent nature of my blog writing. I like to think that in 500 years, they will reflect upon my writings, in like year 8 english comprehension studies, like we did with monolithic literature like William Shakespeare's Hamlet and stuff. Shit is unlikely, but you should read these blogs in case you know? Just cover all your bases? Be wise.

The other night I thought there was a robber at my joint, at like 5 in the morning. I heard this abnormal rustling around the kitchen. Having been awoken from my slumber, I listened intently for a few minutes, then in my hazy bash-faced tiredness (one of my mates noted how ugly I look in the mornings the other day), concluded that it must in fact be an enormous, thieving, meth-lipped black dude. Wielding a bat. A used Bat, with bloody smears all over it. I slowly became more petrified at the thought of just how maliciously he would beat me - should we meet in the hallway. So I then attempted to stealthily fumble around for a weapon. You wouldn't believe it - the only thing I could find was an enormous, hand crafted, hand painted, didgeridoo - that my uncle Hayden gave me years ago.

So I waddle out, half mast, with nay but my aplha undies, and a 7 foot didgeridoo in my hands. Bitch is gonna GET IT. I was muttering stuff to myself, to help taint my intense fear for my life.


After a brief inspection, it became apparent that the would-be robber, was infact my house mate - who had returned after leaving early for work to find his sack or some fucking anti climax of that nature. So nothing happenend. But if I had been in an altercation with the night bandit, the headlines may have read something like these......?

White boy goes MABO on home invader

or

Indigenous man SAYS SORRY....(get it? "sorry"..)

or

Home owner proves to be Didgeri-dangerous...

or

Robber interrupts DREAM TIME for home invasion victim

or

Man, 24, goes Byron Pickett on robbers butt.


I dunno, the list goes on.
The point is you should all be at SCRUNCHIE VS THE SHINY BRIGHTS on Saturday night at Rocket Bar. You won't regret it. But you might.

That should be their tagline.

I'll see you all there. because you are all coming.

Good riddance.

Buns


July 7 @ Rocket, Adelaide w/The MESSENGERS (VIC)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

July 13 @ Rock Lilly, Sydney w/FAKER

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

July 14 @ FBi Social, Sydney w/Dj Cutloose, The Nectars and Train Robbers

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
July 20 @ Revolver, Melbourne w/The MESSENGERS (VIC)



No comments:

Post a Comment